This is me!

This is me!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

EDUC 6163 Week 3 Option 2

If I could choose any topic in the early childhood field to conduct research on I would have to choose to research health in early childhood education. My experience in the early childhood field has led me to believe that there needs to be a greater partnership between public health officials and early childhood providers. I believe that research should be conducted to see what more can be done to prevent health concerns such as childhood obesity, the effect smoking has on children etc. If one were to conduct research on this topic one would be comparing results of programs that partner with public health officials and the effects it has on the children and families of that program compared to one that has not partnered with public health officials.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful topic, I have at some point been interested in health as it relates to early childhood. In the program where I work we partner with health partners, and they provide us with many resources to give to our families, some of those resources include information on obesity, as it seems to be a growing issue in children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I agree this is an area that could use more research. I have seen in some programs the benefits of working with the health community. By having a relationship with doctor and dentists' offices we were better able to support our families in getting their child the medical care they needed. Starting healthy habits early is extremely important for better health later so finding ways to increase this in early childhood would greatly benefit our society.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete