This is me!

This is me!

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Week 8 EDUC 6990 Time Well Spent




     In the beginning of this course we created a wordle. It helped us to identify what we were going to do for our Capstone project. The end of this course I have created a wordle as well (Please see below). This course has helped me to identify who I am as a professional in the early childhood field. The entire Master's program here at Walden University has guided me to become the professional I am today. This program has taught me that I am a strong advocate in the early childhood field. As I continue on in my work I have recognized, in a management position I am advocating for children and families as I develop programs and support staff. It is up to me to decide what the important messages in the early childhood field are to me. This program has helped me to recognize the voice that I have and that I can make a difference. Making this difference is important to do with a team effort. It is important to have time to develop a plan and then follow through with the action steps. Finally, this program has taught me who I am as a professional in the early childhood field. 
As I grew during this Master's program I became a strong leader. I have recognized leadership is not always about what you are doing in your current position, but your goals, your passion, and your personal strengths will guide you as you pursue your dreams. My long term goal now that this course is coming to an end is to succeed in my capstone project and follow through. I intend to increase the number of mental health consultants, treatments, and programs available to children age birth through five who suffer from mental health disorders in the Warren County community.
     To all of my fellow classmates and Dr. Embree I would like to say thank you. Thank you for supporting me in becoming a strong leader and advocate for the early childhood field. Your support, words of wisdom, and guidance have helped me to become the professional I am today. I could not have done this without you. As we all proceed on our journeys I hope to cross paths. If we do not best of luck in all of your future endeavors. You are all an inspiration and I know if you set your mind to it you will do great things someday. 









1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    It is while taking this course that I also realized my strong desire to advocate for children more then I used to. You are absolutely right we can make a difference with our voice and we must do it on a daily basis, as agent of social change, the children we serve along with their parents and families are counting on it. Best of luck to in your journey!!

    ReplyDelete