This is me!

This is me!

Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Favorite Children's Book

How do I choose? I have so many favorite books and over the years my favorite book has changed. As of right now I would have to say my favorite children's book is "Goodnight Moon". During my teaching experience I read this book to the children and it offered so many learning experiences. Some of the learning experiences were talking about the pictures, filling in the blank for the rhyme, and just sitting and listening to a nice calm story. When I was in the classroom as a teacher on a daily basis the children would flock to me when I pulled out this book. I used it a lot for a transition to rest time. It made me feel so good to see a child's face light up as I read the book, a child finish the sentence for me, or simply for a child to point out something in a picture that they liked. This book has shown me how much a book can teach a child and the never ending possibilities it has to offer!

1 comment:

  1. I remember doing Goodnight Moon as a reading unit for my SPED students last year. You are right, it is a very calming book. The kids especially enjoyed the saying goodnight to so many different things!

    ReplyDelete